Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another year older...














No, that's not me...that's my 94 year old Aunt Helen (r), being cheered on by her little sister Martha (l)...my own dear Mom. We celebrated her birthday Easter Sunday at my daughter's house.

However, this is the first day of my 59th year. Yes, I turned 58 yesterday, where have the years gone?

Three children and 5 grandchildren (6 come Monday) later and I am finally starting to feel as though my life is fulfilled.

With these years comes responsibilities...responsibilities which are mine alone...responsibilities which sometimes take such a toll that I don't think I can keep up with them myself. But with the help of my children and my husband, another year passes with the burdens somewhat lessened by their love and support.


I am also lucky enough to still have my wonderful Mom here with me. 88 years young and still such a huge part of our lives.
Just seeing her smile and watching her interact with her 5 great-grandchildren is enough to make anyone happy. She's just a big kid at heart when it comes to them..."Biggie...come out to play?" an oft-heard sound from the deck when the kids are at the mountain house...and she eats it right up!

While her and Auntie's 3 hour supermarket trips (more than 20 bags between the 2 of them) are not one of my favorite things to do...as long as it makes them happy, I'm happy. What DO they do with all that food?

Keep on keeping on, ladies...Geez, if I have your genes, I'll be blogging for at least another 30 years! Thank you for all you've given me!

Now...off to make some soap & potions!


No comments: